This article is not an attempt to provide a complete guide or even a tutorial. It is, however, the procedure I personally use. There are so many guides/tutorials available that have slightly different recommendations, I simply needed a central place to record and remember a consistent procedure for myself. I welcome any constructive criticism to the chosen settings. Note: EAC Version 1.5 was used to create the screen captures.
During installation, do not install GD3 Metadata Plugin.
- EAC > EAC Options > Directories
I’ve mapped “M:\Music” to my Synology DiskStation’s shared drive named, “Music.”
- EAC > EAC Options > Extraction
- EAC > EAC Options > General
- EAC > EAC Options > Tools
- EAC > EAC Options > Normalize
Make sure Normalize is NOT enabled
- EAC > EAC Options > Filename
- EAC > Drive Options > Extraction Method
Note: These options are specific to my Archgon MD-8107-U2 detected as a MATSHITADVD-RAM UJ8G2 external drive.
- EAC > Drive Options > Drive
- EAC > Drive Options > Offset / Speed
- EAC > Drive Options > Gap Detection
- EAC > Compression Options > External Compression
Value set for “Additional command-line options”
-6 -V -T “ARTIST=%artist%” -T “TITLE=%title%” -T “ALBUM=%albumtitle%” -T “DATE=%year%” -T “TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%” -T “GENRE=%genre%” -T “COMMENT=%comment%” -T “BAND=%albuminterpret%” -T “COMPOSER=%composer%” %haslyrics%–tag-from-file=LYRICS=”%lyricsfile%”%haslyrics% -T “DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%” -T “TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%” -T “TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%” %hascover%–picture=”%coverfile%”%hascover% %source% -o %dest%
- EAC > Compression Options > ID3 Tag
- EAC > Metadata Options
Insert the CD that you want to RIP and choose the following:
- Respond to possible prompt regarding Tagging
- Normalize Artist column, if necessary
- If one does not already exist, manually create a folder for the Artist in the Music directory on the Synology. Double check the EAC > EAC Options > Directories mapping in Step 1 of the previous procedure.
- Notice that “Gap” column is currently “Unknown” for each track
- Action > Detect Gaps
- Notice that “Gap” column now has time values for each track
- Ensure that Action > Append Gaps To Previous Track (default) is selected
- Action > Create CUE Sheet > Multiple WAV Files With Gaps… (Noncompliant)
- Action > Test & Copy Selected Tracks > Compressed